[TypicalGirls] Gender in Punk Dissertation

WWWhatsup joly at dti.net
Wed Jan 12 14:19:51 EST 2011

Hi Kara

I recently attended a book event in NYC for the re-issue of Steve Blush's
'American Hardcore'. One of the panelists was Laura Albert, the author
behind the JT LeRoy hoax
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JT_LeRoy

She went on at some length about her experiences as a druggie then sXe kid
in the east coast scene, including some lively back'n;forth with some of the
others about sexism in the sXe scene.

I video'd - but the bad news is I seem to have mislaid the tape. I do have
audio which I can make available if you are interested. I'm sure she would
be a great interview.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 1:57 PM, Kara Kvaran <geeblegee at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm working on a dissertation on the gender politics of punk rock and I was
> hoping that some list members who were involved in punk rock scenes from the
> 70s-90s would be willing to be interviewed for my project. I'm looking
> specifically for people who were involved in NYC in the 70s, LA or San
> Francisco in the late 70s or early 80s, eastcoast sXer's from the 1980s, or
> any pre1995 riot grrrls, but anyone who feels like they have something to
> say about the topic would be appreciated!
>
> If you're interested please email me at geeblegee at yahoo.com.
>
> Thanks!

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com
  Secretary - ISOC-NY - http://isoc-ny.org