[TypicalGirls] TG and Web 3.0?

dina.hornreich at gmail.com dina.hornreich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 19:14:47 EST 2011

Dear Friends,

It hasn't escaped me that listserves are web 1.0 and that social media is
web 2.0 -- which is why we have typical girls facebook. I finally got
around to joining lastfm (find me at dlhornreich) which turned out to be
better than I expected.

My point (meandering as it is - at best) is that I wonder what the future
of typical girls will be considering how clunky listserves have become. I
also wonder what platform web 3.0 technology will bring as I try to sustain
this interest group.

I was 24 when I created the listserv back in 1999. As I look back, I feel
so pleased with what has become of our interest group and how many amazing
people it has brought together -- and how many amazing projects it has
stimulated. I am honored by all of your presence and interests. I still
regret missing the big party at the Knitting Factory. I can be such a
scatter brain when things get crazy.

So, I invite your suggestions as I have realized that the chatter on this
list has died out. Should I be trying to stimulate new discussions, I
wonder?

And btw, I was deeply saddened by the recent loss on the Bush Tetras front.

Best wishes,

Dina