[TypicalGirls] analog before digital: punk/no wave film & music / burning down the house anthology

denah johnston denahjohnston at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 16:51:01 EST 2010

Hi all,

Just a quick note to let you know my course *analog before digital: punk/no
wave film & music* will run for a 3rd semester at the Academy of Art
University in San Francisco in Spring 2011.  You can see details on my
Facebook note here:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?saved&&note_id=473031969757

Please feel free to spread the word.  If you have questions, or would like
more info please feel free to contact me directly.

I am also contributing a chapter on Vivienne Dick's seminal No Wave
films *Guerillere
Talks *(which includes Pat Place, Lydia Lunch, Adele Bertei, Ikue Mori,
Beate Nilsen and others) and *She Had Her Gun All Ready* (with Pat Place and
Lydia Lunch) for a forthcoming critical volume called* Burning Down the
House: Downtown Film, Video and Television 1975-2001* edited by Joan
Hawkins.  You can see the line-up of contributors and articles at the
website:

http://www.downtownfilmanthology.com/anthology-contributors.html

Best!

--
:Denah A. Johnston

"The goddamn movies.  They can ruin you.  I'm not kidding."
- Holden Caufield in J.D. Salinger's *Catcher in the Rye*