[TypicalGirls] The Raincoats @ MoMA (NYC) this Saturday!!!! 1 ticket available here...

HunnyPi007 at aol.com HunnyPi007 at aol.com
Fri Nov 19 00:54:04 EST 2010

Ended up with one extra ticket for Saturday's sure-to-be-stellar Raincoats show/event @ MoMA. It's available at cost ($25) to a Typical Girl/Boy. Just e-mail me!

Let's get a role call of who's going! Should we wear a ribbon around our left arms so that we can find each other? Any other ideas? Would love to put some faces to names/e-mail addresses.

Here are the show details:

PopRally invites you to a special performance by the legendary post-punk group The Raincoats, presented in conjunction with a pair of MoMA exhibitions featuring influential women artists. Kathleen Hanna will kick the event off with a DJ session.

Pictures by Women: A History of Modern Photography presents a selection of outstanding photographs by women artists, charting the medium's 170-year history. Counter Space: Design and the Modern Kitchen recognizes the prominence of women who have critically addressed kitchen culture and myths. Both exhibitions are associated with MoMA's publication Modern Women: Women Artists at The Museum of Modern Art.

The Raincoats, formed by Ana da Silva and Gina Birch in the late 1970s, created a sound, inspired by punk and rock music, that became a significant source of inspiration for future generations of feminist musicians. Kathleen Hanna was a founding member of Bikini Kill, co-creator of the zine Riot Grrrl, and lead singer of the dance-punk band Le Tigre.

From 8:30 to 10:00 p.m., enjoy an exclusive exhibition viewing and open bar during Kathleen Hanna's DJ set; The Raincoats' performance follows at 10:00 p.m.

Sooooo excited!!!!