[TypicalGirls] a homemade 12 x CD-R (!) compilation of punk bands fronted by female vocalists from 1977 to 1989.

Lisa lisahinton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 03:09:10 EST 2010

Yeah! These mixes are awesome! Just a little background on them...The
project originated on the invite only message board called Hard Rock Piss
Strunk a few years back. The guy who organized it asked the board to send in
their fave female fronted punk hits. He then compiled them and packaged them
into a limited edition boys club collectors item (there were only a handful
of women on the message board). While it rules to have such a range of
obscure tracks from female fronted bands on a comp, the packaging was pretty
insulting. The set of cds came in a pale pink plastic box and instead of
using band photos or album artwork, the liner notes were covered with images
of anime girls. Seeing how the project played out and then the final product
made me sick to my stomach. I do like how the comps are online now and the
tracks can speak for themselves.

Lisa