[TypicalGirls] rastro remember

mike at appelstein.com mike at appelstein.com
Mon Nov 8 15:53:59 EST 2010

Two slightly off-topic announcements insofar as they're a few years
after the TG timeline, but perhaps of interest all the same?

1)  If anyone is still interested in that Rastro cassette we discussed
last week, I've now digitized it here:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/onaxfl.  As I mentioned last week, it
contains the complete Rastro recordings, a band featuring former and
future members of the Quails, Team Dresch and Autoclave.  It also
contains solo recordings by most of the band members, which are
wonderfully sparse and poppy in that wobbly early K Records way.  I
don't think it's been for sale for years, so I feel only slight
twinges of guilt making this available.

2)  Link to an interview I recently did with Sara Marcus about her
amazing book, Girls to the Front:
http://www.riverfronttimes.com/2010-11-04/music/sara-marcus-interview-girls-to-the-front-book-riot-grrrl-kathleen-hanna-bikini-kill-bratmobileget-the-10-message-right/.

Enjoying the archival conversations - I'd be happy to contribute
anything from my minor archive...

- Mike
mike at appelstein.com