[TypicalGirls] C.L.I.T. Fest PDX/ Free to Fight??

Lisa lisahinton at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 18:17:56 EDT 2010

hey! just wanted to spread the word about a fest going down in Portland,
Oregon August 12-15. It's called C.L.I.T. Fest (Combating Latent Inequality
Together) and has been passed from city to city over the past few years to
address sexism, homophobia, and transphobia in punk and to celebrate the
strengths and potential in our community.

you can find out more info here: clitfestpdx.wordpress.com

Also, we're trying to track down anyone who was involved with Free to Fight.
We're putting together a workshop with that name. Here's the pending

*Free to Fight*
The name is in homage to the interactive self-defense project that released
a double lp and booklet and went on tour in the mid '90s. During this short
hour, a panel will talk about various projects (zines, labels, collectives,
etc.) from the past and present that formed to address oppression and
identity in punk.  People will also speak to how these projects have used
punk to combat mainstream culture, daily oppression, and carve out a place
for themselves in the world, as well as, talk about lessons learned from
these projects.

Please get in touch (clitfestpdx at gmail.com) if you have any leads or want to
get involved.

Thanks!