[TypicalGirls] Dolly Mixture Newsletter #3

John Caples jcaples at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 15:24:03 EDT 2010

Just listening to my copy now, Tobi.  The original CD was mastered from the
vinyl version, and this is from 3rd generation cassettes if I have the
booklet information straight?  There's differences from song to song due to
whatever quality the individual songs were recorded at, it all sounds a bit
muddy and boomy to me, but the high ends and vox are quite respectable.
Wish there was more noticeable separation of the instruments, but I'm well
pleased.  Booklet is fantastic, design is minimal but I like that too.

Anyone have the vinyl and the box set to compare? ;)