[TypicalGirls] Wilma! and punk at the SF library

Layla Gibbon lpgibbon at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 13:46:59 EDT 2009

If you are in San Francisco they are having a great series of punk related events at the SF library right now. including an exhibition of Penelope from the Avengers (punk rock librarian!) personal artifacts at the main library. This looks like it's going to be a great talk too, I love that first Wilma 7" (and I know Sharon does too!):
Queer Punk: Panel Discussion – Panel will discuss
how being Queer influenced their music and share memories of playing in
the San Francisco punk scene in the ‘80s and ‘90s. Panelists include KD
Davis, bass player for Wilma and Impulse F, Debbie Hopkins, drummer for
The Contractions and Jon Ginoli, founder of Pansy Division.

Tuesday, November 17, 2009, 7 p.m.

Eureka Valley/Harvey Milk Memorial Branch Library

1 José Sarria Court (at 16th St.)

We made a listing of all the events on our website here:
http://maximumrocknroll.com/2009/10/20/punk-passage-at-sf-library/