[TypicalGirls] 3. THE RAINCOATS LP Re-issue by Rough Trade (HunnyPi007 at aol.com)

Shirley O'Loughlin shirley.oloughlin at virgin.net
Tue Oct 20 13:54:11 EDT 2009

Hi there Lydia,
We are re-releasing the first album 'The Raincoats' on our own label
We ThRee, to mark the 30th anniversary of the album's release in 1979
in approx 2 weeks time and it's available through RoughTrade.com and
Cargo. The difference between the KRS version and ours is that our
version is re-mastered from the original tapes and is pressed on
heavyweight 180g vinyl - it also includes an MP3 download like KRS.

We are releasing a special edition digipak CD on 9th November with
original 1993 liner notes by Kurt Cobain, and updated notes by Ana and
some new notes by Gina. All original photos and drawings from 1993
rescanned and printed in colour so although all is black and white it
looks
really warm and rich - in fact me and Ana just returned from the
printers this minute after approving the printing proofs.
The CD is enhanced and contains footage shot on Super 8 film in Warsaw
in 1977 by Ana's sister Maria Helena and edited by Gina, on Super 8
with the line up of Ana, Gina, Jeremie Frank and Nick Turner. There is
also Super 8 footage of the last show that Palmolive played with the
band
at the Deptford Albany, London in June 1979 by Ana's cousin Manuel
Castilho, and the line up is Ana, Gina, Palmolive and Vicky.
We have also included the video Gina directed in 1995 for Fairytale in
the Supermarket.
Ok - that's the latest Raincoats news - We ThRee - our label via Rough
Trade and Cargo.
Shirley