[TypicalGirls] Anticipation

Daniel Selzer danselzer at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 15 23:05:14 EDT 2009

I think bklyn is sold out? I didn't get tickets because I was going to see them in LA, but they were so good we wanted to go again, but couldn't get tickets.

HOWEVER, I just found out about this, saturday night Ana Da Silva is playing her first US solo show in bushwick:

http://starrspace.net/cal_new.html

I can't make that either, but thought everyone should know!

On a different topic, while at the Part Time Punks fest, James Nice of LTM sold me a copy of the Rob Gretton notebooks book, 1 Top Class Manager, which is just coming out now. I figured I'd save on shipping by picking it up then. It's basically a straight up reprinting of Gretton's notebooks from the very early days of managing Joy Division to the early days of New Order, and it includes sundry items such as some flyers and receipts and correspondence and notes. I'm not going to pretend this book is of any interest to anyone who doesn't live and breath Joy Division/New Order, but it's pretty amazing, and our very own Joly makes a few appearances in the form of Better Badges contracts and invoices!

Dan Selzer
http://www.acuterecords.com/blog