[TypicalGirls] HOWL Fest - Nightclubbing Screening 9/9

WWWhatsup joly at punkcast.com
Wed Sep 3 17:50:42 EDT 2008

[This is only the second time I've heard of this being screened - the
other was during the NYU 'Downtown' exhibit a couple of years ago.
I saw it then and it's really good, excellent audio as well as video -
a must see!]

http://www.howlfestival.com/docs/HOWLschedulebydate.html

Sep 9

THE THEATRES AT  45  BLEECKER STREET

10.00 PM. NIGHTCLUBBING by Pat Ivers and Emily Armstrong

Described by the New York Times as, "The Lewis and Clark of rock
video", Pat Ivers and Emily Armstrong spent their nights from
1975-80 documenting the burgeoning punk scene in nightclubs
around New York City. Taped on location at CBGB's, Mudd Club,
Danceteria among others, bands include Bad Brains, Ballistic
Kisses, Blondie, Bush Tetras, John Cale, Contortions, Cramps,
Dead Boys, Dead Kennedys, DNA, Go-Gos, Heartbreakers, Richard
Hell and the Voidoids, Levi and the Rockats, Lounge Lizards, Iggy
Pop, Suicide, Talking Heads,and Teenage Jesus and the Jerks.
NIGHTCLUBBING offers a unique insight into a culture that had far
more effect on the world than its movement could ever have
imagined.

Joly MacFie
212 608 1334
http://wwwhatsup.com