[TypicalGirls] THE SLITS REFORM FOR NEW SHOWS

Annette misschief at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 17 03:48:47 EST 2008

Robin,

Like I said, the Roxy closed in April 1977. I was a regular until the
end. No, I am not thinking about 1978, as you suggest. Not sure why
you would say that, since I am clearly talking about the Roxy 1977.
Siouxsie, Lora Logic, Gayle Advert, Slits,  Cherry Vanilla ):,
Raincoats (in the house), who am I forgetting?

Typical  Roxy girls . . . not really, none of us were ever typical
anything . . . we were punk rockers!

In the earliest  book on punk I own, Virginia Boston's "Shock Wave",
from 1978, Boston  says : "Viv replaced Kate in April 1977." (She
spells Kate's last name right so that gives her some cred right there.)

So now I think my Roxy photos with Viv were taken in April 1977, one
of the last shows there . . . and, given this, I don't think kate was
on the White Riot tour as you seem to think . . .

Anyway, it seems that with our faulty memories, spotty knowledge and
need to rely on suspect books, we're not at all clear about our
'Typical Girls' even after the zillions of words written under this
banner.

Shame on us?