[TypicalGirls] THE SLITS REFORM FOR NEW SHOWS

weasel walter weaselw at juno.com
Sun Nov 16 22:40:30 EST 2008

from caroline coon's book:

"A year ago (approx. june 1976 - ww) Viv and Palmolive were rehearsing an
unnamed band with Jo Fall and Sarah Hall, the girlfriends of the Sex
Pistols' lead guitarist and drummer, Steve Jones and Paul Cook. They were
looking for a lead singer when they heard that Sid Vicious fancied
himself as a front man of an all-girl band. For a few weeks, under Sid's
working title of "Flowers of Romance", they rehearsed together. Then Jo
dropped out. And Sid decided to sack Sarah first and then Palmolive. He
and Viv worked together with Keith Levine, who had been the Clash's third
guitarist. But eventually Sid sacked Viv too, He is now playing bass for
the Sex Pistols. By then Palmolive had recovered her confidence. She
joined forces with Kate Chorus (sic), who thought of the name "the
Slits". The met Arri (sic) Up at a Patti Smith concert and invited her on
the spot to be their lead singer. Kate left. Eventually Viv and Tessa
completed the line-up. "

Kate was definitely gone probably before '77 began. the slits photos in
the book from june '77 have ari, viv, tessa and palmolive.

ww

On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 21:29:19 -0600 Annette <misschief at earthlink.net>