[TypicalGirls] Laura Kennedy/benefit

Lisa Garrett lisajgarrett at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 17:00:18 EST 2008

hey all -
coming out of lurking mode to forward on this website i'm using for a friend
who was in a scooter accident a couple months ago.
it has a private forum and links for donations, and announcements about
benefits (although this is not to discourage anyone from posting here!!) --
and the best yet, tools to help keep everyone informed about the status of
the loved one. no ads, no spamming/e-mail selling.
hope this can help get the word out even more...
my thoughts go out to laura!!
xo
LG

here's the link:
http://www.caringbridge.org/

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Victoria Korosi <vkorosi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Dee---
>
> I made it to Minneapolis and it has been a busy week of getting Laura
> placed into a transitional care facility.  She is incredibly fragile,
> mind and body.  I just don't really have the words to describe.  I
> just keep trying to focus on the many tasks at hand and (pray) that
> she can maintain until the transplant.  Her status changes daily, and
> although she would have been eligible again for the living donor
> scenario a week ago that is not the case now.  It is really a
> "numbers" game in many ways as I am fast learning.
>
> The good news is that the donations continue to come in, and tomorrow
> I will attempt to get her through her phone appointment with Social
> Security.  We have the benefit meeting next week so I feel good about
> that as well.
>
> Enough for now.  There will be another e-mail going out within the
> next few days with her new contact information at the Richfield Health
> Center, direct phone # and all of that.  She has a hard time operating
> the cell phone so this will be a better way to reach her.  We have a
> meeting tomorrow to "access" her condition but this really needs to
> work out as she has limited options based on her health care coverage.
>
> respect,
>
> vicky
>

> On 11/13/08, Dee <deepop at earthlink.net> wrote:
> >

> > i know this pisses off the rest of the Bush Tetras, but i will say it
> again
> > unless it is a benefit for Laura Kennedy, i will not be playing any more
> > shows with the Bush Tetras. So that means our last show ever at this
> point
> > is on Jan 17th in Minneapolis. I sincerely doubt the band will do any
> shows
> > after that....without me. The last gig at Cake Shop was one of our best
> in
> > (many many) years. Bassist, Felice Rosser, who did the European shows and
> > the Cake Shop gig, adds the swing, soul and funk that has been missing
> from
> > our sound for way too long. I really really dig playing with her.
> > Unfortunately all things have a life span and i feel ours has run out. I
> > refuse to go on as an 80's retro, play your old hit songs kinda band. The
> > Police and countless other shitty, product oriented bands from the late
> > 70's/early 80's can go do that.
> >
> > Dee POP

Lisa G
lisajgarrett at gmail.com