[TypicalGirls] Vivien Goldman on a Panel Saturday 2 p.m. at the Brooklyn Museum

Eleanor W. killerfemme at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 12:33:24 EST 2008

Dear Typical Friends,

I thought that those of you who are New York-based might be interested to know about a panel discussion that I am putting together at the Brooklyn Museum this Saturday, November 15, from 2 to 4 p.m.

The panel is called "Negotiating Identities in Contemporary Society" and it uses our special exhibition of the works of British conceptual duo Gilbert & George as a jumping off point to explore a myriad of issues and ideas related to contemporary art and artists.

Panelists include Typical Girls list favorite and "punk professor" Vivien Goldman, journalist and cultural critic Greg Tate, art historian and critic Eleanor Heartney, and curator Edwin Ramoran. Faith Salie, my favorite radio host ever, will be moderating.

The panel is free with museum admission (which is pay what you wish). For more information check out: http://www.brooklynmuseum.org.

Rarely does my professional and personal life collide so neatly. Hope you can join us on Saturday!
Eleanor