[TypicalGirls] THE SLITS REFORM FOR NEW SHOWS

Annette misschief at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 12 14:42:41 EST 2008

When the Slits burst upon the London scene in January 1977-- I am
talking about when they were first splashed across the fronts of
newspapers (their name was horrifying, of course, to the populace;
never, ever, and maybe forever, had any band borne so disturbing and
incredible a name); when they were mainstay players at the Roxy and
absolutely integral to shaping Punk Rock; and in general, when
hanging about for months making their music, mischief and being well,
the Slits, as everybody knew them, they were 4 girls. Their names
were Ari Up, Viv, Tessa, and Palmolive. For most of us there, this
was the Slits and will always be the Slits.

Sincere thanks to the men who helped them refine and progress and
make great albums, but the Slits, to us, were Ari Up, Viv, Tessa, and
Palmolive.