[TypicalGirls] Tickets to Ladyfest London are now on sale!!

WWWhatsup joly at punkcast.com
Sun Mar 30 18:00:07 EDT 2008

http://www.ladyfestlondon.co.uk/?p=73

Tickets to Ladyfest London are now on sale!!
www.wegottickets.com

SPECIAL OFFER!!!

Weekend passes are currently £35 + booking fee for 2 weeks. Please scroll down for other ticket details and venue address.

Programme will be subject to small changes while we tweak times!!

FRIDAY MUSIC - THE UNDERWORLD From 6pm
Kimya Dawson (ex-Moldy Peaches) www.myspace.com/kimyadawson
Slow Club www.myspace.com/slowclub
The Bobby McGees www.myspace.com/thebobbymcgees
Melodica, Melody and Me www.myspace.com/mmmelodic
Monday Club www.myspace.com/mondayclubband
Your Heart Breaks www.myspace.com/yourheartbeaks

FILM PROGRAMME - ISLINGTON ARTS FACTORY From 2pm
Shorts: London Pix and Mix
I Think You Think I Think (15mins, UK, 2005) Anu Gopalakrishnan
Ophelia Learns to Swim (88 mins, USA, 2000) Jürgen Vsych

FRIDAY WORKSHOPS – ISLINGTON ARTS FACTORY From 11am
Cool Mum's Coffee Morning & Discussion
Confronting White Privilege
Drumming and Guitar Playing Workshops

FRIDAY ART EXHIBITION OPENING - ISLINGTON ARTS FACTORY
Exhibition runs 9th-11th May- all day Featuring:
Nazita Matres Rezai
Bruna Marques
Nayana Fernandez
Kashink
Ochi Reyes
Silvana Mello
Alex Brew
Alison Henry

SATURDAY MUSIC- THE UNDERWORLD From 5pm
Robots in Disguise www.myspace.com/robotsindisguise
Matt and Kim www.myspace.com/mattandkim
New Bloods www.myspace.com/thenewbloods
Das Wanderlust www.myspace.com/daswanderlust
Comanechi www.myspace.com/comanechi
Party Weirdo www.myspace.com/partyweirdomusic
Drunk Granny www.myspace.com/drunkgranny
Vile Vile Creatures www.myspace.com/vilevilecreatures
Kasms www.myspace.com/kasmskasms

SATURDAY FILM - ISLINGTON ARTS FACTORY From 1pm
Beaver Lux (15 mins, UK, 2007) Dominique Golden & Saffron
Holloway + Erotica, A Journey into Female Sexuality (75 mins, Canada, 1997) Maya Gallus
F to M (8 mins, France, 2006) Sarah Claudon
Not so Black & White (3 mins, UK/Aus, 2007) Col Cruise
Girl Inside (70 mins, Canada, 2007) Maya Gallus

SATURDAY WORKSHOPS: Resource Centre and Islington Arts Factory - please check venue codes From 11am
Ladies in the Music Business Panel Discussion – RC
Songwriting - RC
Bike Maintenance - IAF
Race and Activism - RC
Lady and the Trans - IAF
Women and the Vote – Changing Culture, Changing Politics - RC
Screen Your World, Printing Desire - IAF
Body Positive – RC
Feminist Antiques Roadshow- IAF
Creative Activism - IAF
+ more TBC

SUNDAY PARTY! - THE UNDERWORLD From 5pm
Ladyfest Party! With Special Guests The Actionettes! Plus Twee as Fuck Djs with comedy, magic, dancing and music from Bearsuit, Betty and the Werewolves and more TBA

SUNDAY FILM: ISLINGTON ARTS FACTORY From 12pm
It Changed My Life (30 mins, UK, 1993)
Don't Need You (40 mins, USA, 2006) + Female & Queer Words & Beats (40 mins, Germany 2006)
Anna from Benin (45 mins, Germany/ Benin, 2000) Monique Mbeka Phoba
Alleesi
 an African Actress (69 mins, Niger, 2004) Rahmatou Keita
What are We Doing Tonight? (7 mins, Belgium ), No Way (22 mins, Belgium)
I Wanna be a Butch (3 mins, Belgium)
Not For Sale (22 mins, Belgium, 2006)
Vermeiren + The Future of Feminism (Ireland, 2007) Cara Holmes

SUNDAY WORKSHOPS: Resource Centre and Islington Arts Factory - please check venue codes
Long table discussion about riot grrrl – RC
Abortion Rights - RC
Feminists Without Borders - RC
Introduction to Website building – RC
Talk about Women in Prison - RC