[TypicalGirls] Fwd: [girlgroup] Looking for young women of colour in underground metal scene

Sara Sherr sarasherr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 18:40:34 EST 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Laina Dawes <lainadawes at hotmail.com>
Date: Mar 1, 2008 10:55 AM
Subject: [girlgroup] Looking for young women of colour in underground metal
scene
To: girlgroup at yahoogroups.com

  Hi;

Lurker here.....

I am working on a project and am looking for young women of colour in the
underground metal scene - concertgoers and listeners. I have heard from a
couple of online buddies that apparently they are seeing an increase at
black and death metal shows but I am having a difficult time finding any
info. I've been told NYC and Portland seem to be flourishing.

If anyone knows of any women - I'm looking for 16+ who would be interested
in being interviewed. Also, if anyone knows of articles or news items on
this, or has heard anything / observed an increase, please email me. I'll be
at EMP and will be present at any Girlgroup hookups, but you can drop me a
line at l.dawes5068 at rogers.com <l.dawes5068%40rogers.com>.

Laina Dawes freelance writer / music journalist www.lainad.typepad.com