[TypicalGirls] No Wave exhibit/UT

Andrew Luck andyvluck13 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 21:47:35 EDT 2008

andrea

cheers to the fellow "prov-ers".  saw the wunderground show...it was cool.  no surprise there.  my six year old loved it too!  i think the DIY and artful stealing of imagery is a big thread that runs through ft thunder and no wave (dada, hardcore, psych, etc).

i saw UT at the rocket (later club babyhead) in prov in the 80's (their second go around i think...).  they were awesome.

UT: women who switched instruments, were incredibly powerful and not over the top sexual (in a pandering way).  that sounds like a recipe for historical neglect to me...

:-(

IMHO, new wave appears to be quite a "scene" and even a small scene is going to have factions.  there will be "winners" and there will be "losers" and later revisions and later still more revisions.

perhaps there is no "secret history"...just personal ones.

best regards

andy