[TypicalGirls] The History of No Wave and New York Post Punk By Thurston Moore & Byron Coley

WWWhatsup joly at punkcast.com
Tue Jun 10 20:24:16 EDT 2008

>Hey Joly, you weren't forbidden...email me off-list to clarify.  I'm
>not sure what you mean.

Well that's the way I read this...

>Hi Joly,
>
>I spoke too soon. I just talked with Ian Vanek of Japanther, who is organizing this show with The Arm, and he said The Arm Gallery is very specific about how they document artwork.  So he will arrange for video documentation.
>
>all the best,
>Sharon

I just wondered if anything came of it, and if it might become available online.

I had a similar situation just recently with No Bra. I was all set for her and then got blown out
at the last minute by Creative Time, who assured me they'd have their own stuff up online within days. Nothing...

It's ironic that sometimes it's those that nominally promote art & creativity that are the most inclined to stifle it.

I have limited capacity and god knows I have plenty of deserving stuff in my vault too.

I try to shoot & post stuff that nobody else bothers to, generally speaking, so I'm always happy
to step back. But it's frustrating when it means that a unique event like yours is consigned
to obscurity.

joly