[TypicalGirls] Riot Grrrl book

mike at appelstein.com mike at appelstein.com
Fri Sep 14 16:42:20 EDT 2007

All good points.  And I wasn't really thinking about the 50-copy
photocopy zines, anyway; it's totally understandable that the authors
would be uncomfortable seeing them anthologized or uploaded.  I'm
thinking more about the actual music that came out during that era -
the cassettes, 7-inches and LPs.  It seems to me that the songs and
live shows were generally meant for larger audiences than the zines.
It seems a shame to deprive today's youth of Viva Knieval, Heavens To
Betsy's "Direction" single or the _A Wonderful Treat_ cassette, for
instance.

(And no offense taken on the Anne Frank comparison. :))

-Mike