[TypicalGirls] Riot Grrrl: genre vs. musical-political ethos

unmannedmission at gmail.com unmannedmission at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 21:48:59 EDT 2007

I think to me one of the weirdest realizations about riot grrrl... is that
it's the last movement of music that was about making social change. I
guess, unless you somehow want to consider alternative rock from the early
90's that talked about anti-corporate ethics, etc... but even that wasn't as
unified and strongly followed through on as riot grrrl. I think that's why
people are so fascinated with these bands now... it's like the sex pistols
of the underground.... that teenagers will forever be going through a period
where they relate and think a lot about the ideas. We need another
revolution!