[TypicalGirls] What does everyone think about...

unmannedmission at gmail.com unmannedmission at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:03:29 EDT 2007

It's kind of funny... because I guess it's like the difference between
calling the Ying Yang Twins "Hip Hop" when if you wanted to be technical
they're more "Rap." I'd say there's a difference between all female bands
who are more punk than riot grrrl? While the sound may be similar, the
content is more what would define it. So maybe my calling it a resurgence in
riot grrrl was off, and it's more the resurgence of the sound... in general
anyway. I guess it kind of mimics No Wave coming back in the early 2000's...
and a lot of that being the same way... more about the finished sound than
the process and constructive ethics.