[TypicalGirls] What does everyone think about...

unmannedmission at gmail.com unmannedmission at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 11:59:37 EDT 2007

I was just curious what the list members thoughts were on the surge of new,
younger artists taking a lot of queues from the riot grrrl movement of the
early 90's. Finally Punk (http://www.myspace.com/finallypunk), Kiosk (
http://www.myspace.com/kiosk), for two and of course the projects of the
forever hard working Allison Wolfe, and Tobi Vail as well. I've had several
disagreements with people who complain that while the music these bands are
making is fun... they're just not taking it anywhere new. Having grown up
listening to Bikini Kill and Bratmobile a lot... I'm inclined to like this
stuff for pure nostalgia, let alone that the music is great in its own right
in my opinion. I think it's great that  the ideas that started a movement in
underground music more than a decade ago, can still translate well to the
next generation without coming across as trite and overly derivative. Anyone
else, thoughts? Also, if you have info on similar bands, post em' up... i'd
love to hear more.

justin