[TypicalGirls] Sex Revolts

Tim Murphy timmy.bear at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:54:26 EDT 2007

I liked THE SEX REVOLTS, but it was guilty of some selectiveness in
its theses about the likes of, oh, Brian Eno (while there is a certain
amount of camp and androgyny at work with Eno's IMAGE, the personality
as set out in his diaries and even some of the lyrics is quite at odds
with that...by being very careful in what it cited, the book was a bit
guilty of painting a not particularly accurate picture of that
gent...).

 In any case, I believe it was Joan Jett who said 'Fuck off' in
relation to a question as to whether guitars felt different under
female flesh.  Well put, and perhaps definitive (or not).