[TypicalGirls] Random Observation

Aaron levin vilevin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 17:29:20 EDT 2007

Whoa, didn't expect to read about UK Folk on here.

You can bet the whole UK Folk revival scene of the late 60s and 70s
(read: Fairport, Steeleye Span, Pentangle, etc) incorporated a wide
variety of string instruments. Many of those groups had females
members. Some releases in this vein may appeal to members of this
list. If you want to hear a beautiful female lead album that is
stripped to its bear bones check for Anne Briggs' self titled.
Originals are rare as hell (I sold my copy for $300) but I think there
is a CD reissue. Mostly just her singing with only a few tracks
featuring instrumental accompaniment. A big regret letting that one
go.

Best,

Aaron Levin