[TypicalGirls] Random Observation

Chuck Warner chuck at hyped2death.com
Tue Jun 19 17:18:35 EDT 2007

Wow--

This is quite interesting. Between a boatload of late-60's-70s bands
from Curved Air to It's a Beautiful Day to Dan Hicks --all the way up
to Dixie Chicks ;o), there are/were TONS of bands with female singers
and violinists. Often one and the same. Laurie Anderson, Tiny Town,
Dambuilders, Tiny Lights, Rebby Sharp, Passionel, Hugo Largo, Ed's
Redeeming Qualities, Scorched Earth Policy +++

Immediate memory fails me on many others, but the statistical
correlation between women in bands and violins, violas and cellos is
through the roof.  Theories?

--
Chuck Warner
Hyped to Death CDs/Messthetics