[TypicalGirls] Fwd: [girlgroup] For women in rock bands
sarasherr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 13:27:48 EDT 2007
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jason Gross <perfectlist at furious.com>
Date: Jun 18, 2007 10:30 PM
Subject: [girlgroup] For women in rock bands
To: girlgroup at yahoogroups.com
From a member of rap group Northern State
hello ladies (and friends of ladies,)
sprout here with a lil favor to ask you...
as many of you know, I have signed a book deal with Watson- Guptill
Publications to write a 'how to' guide for 12-16 year old girls on
how to start a band. the manuscript is coming along nicely, in the
editing stages, and it's due out for publication in spring '08.
we thought it would be great to enhance the text with quotes and
anecdotes from other professional female musicians of various ages
and abilities- from the well- known to the little- known to the
I thought i'd start by reaching out to my good friends who make
music and those who work with women who make music, to see if
anyone is interested in dropping some pearls of wisdom on young
aspiring female musicians of tomorrow...
i put together some questions below- you def do not need to answer
them all- feel free to pick and choose what suits your fancy... the
sooner you get it to me the better- maybe by the end of next week?
feel free to forward this along to anyone else you can think of who
might like to participate and thank you in advance for your time...
(have also attached as a word document if for some reason that is
easier for you to deal with)
1. What is your name?
2. What is the name of the band you play in or bands you have
3. How long have you played music?
4. What made you decide to start a band/join a band?
5. Did you always dream of being a musician?
6. What is your favorite aspect of music? (writing/recording/
performing live and why?)
7. How/where/when did you buy your first instrument?
8. What was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you
9. Can you speak on the writing/recording process and how you like
to do it best?
10. Do you like to play with other female musicians, and if so, why?
11. Have you had any experiences on the road or in a recording or
rehearsal studio in which you felt like you were being treated
differently because you are female?
12. What do you do to help calm your nerves or prepare for a
performance? (remember this is for minors...)
13. Besides the music you play in your band, what are some of the
other roles you take on- on the business side?
14. How do you deal with conflicts with your band- mates?
15. Do you have any other advice for young aspiring female musicians?
sprout at northernstate.net <sprout%40northernstate.net>
__._,_.___ Messages in this topic
1) Reply (via web post)
a new topic
Change settings via the
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily
Digest<girlgroup-digest at yahoogroups.com?subject=Email+Delivery:+Digest>|
format to Traditional<girlgroup-traditional at yahoogroups.com?subject=Change+Delivery+Format:+Traditional>
Visit Your Group
<girlgroup-unsubscribe at yahoogroups.com?subject=>
Visit Your Group
- Writing book<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkMnF0b2FuBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzEEZ3JwSWQDMTEyMzAxOTEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1Nzk2ODQ2BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTgyMjIwMjg3?t=ms&k=Writing+book&w1=Writing+book&w2=Writing+a+book&w3=Book+writing+software&w4=Career+advancement&w5=Creative+writing+book&c=5&s=116&g=2&.sig=GzGcDvblmAcTpfWQdGXV8A>
- Writing a book<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkdGYyamFmBF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzIEZ3JwSWQDMTEyMzAxOTEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1Nzk2ODQ2BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTgyMjIwMjg3?t=ms&k=Writing+a+book&w1=Writing+book&w2=Writing+a+book&w3=Book+writing+software&w4=Career+advancement&w5=Creative+writing+book&c=5&s=116&g=2&.sig=SZbW2GI_EDBkAJmPCz7C8w>
- Book writing
- Career advancement<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads;_ylc=X3oDMTJkbmI0MmJ1BF9TAzk3MzU5NzE0BF9wAzQEZ3JwSWQDMTEyMzAxOTEEZ3Jwc3BJZAMxNzA1Nzk2ODQ2BHNlYwNzbG1vZARzdGltZQMxMTgyMjIwMjg3?t=ms&k=Career+advancement&w1=Writing+book&w2=Writing+a+book&w3=Book+writing+software&w4=Career+advancement&w5=Creative+writing+book&c=5&s=116&g=2&.sig=tZP6u9vRI5s3cvW4UVCQ-g>
- Creative writing
Enter the Road to
What's the word on
fashion and style?
Daily count down
of top Web finds.
Read more of me here:
Sing your life with me at Karaoke That Doesn't Suck, Sundays at the El Bar
(1356 N. Front Street, Front and Master) from 7-12. Mondays Upstairs at the
Khyber (56 S. 2nd), 9-1.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the TypicalGirls