[TypicalGirls] please pick a release!

Smurf ziggysmurfdust at pandora.be
Tue Jun 5 02:10:47 EDT 2007

Op Tue, 05 Jun 2007 04:46:51 +0200 schreef Dina Hornreich
<dina.hornreich at gmail.com>:

> Need more specific suggestions for CDs from each of the following:
>

> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/105-3863767-3148417?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=mercier+descloux
> Lizzy Mercier Descloux
> (Can't decide from among the 4 discs here)

I'd go for the Press Color reissue, because of the fact it also includes
the Rosa Yemen sessions and it's far more "rock" than the other ones.

> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_m/105-3863767-3148417?url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=selector
> Selector
> (So many to choose from and I know very little)

this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Too-Much-Pressure-Selecter/dp/B00005KK45/ref=pd_bbs_2/102-0451893-7359306?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1181022848&sr=1-2

Their debut album + their best singles, short energetic songs to the point.

> http://www.amazon.com/Pearl-Harbor-Explosions/dp/B00006RYIH/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-3863767-3148417?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1181011355&sr=1-1
> Pearl Harbor & the Explosions
> (Well, there's only 1 but I haven't heard from any who knows if this is
> worth recommending)

I'm not so certain actually, after reading this I took out the albums I
got lying around (this one wasn't included unfortunately) and though there
are some great songs and versions, the overall feeling is just average.
Just my 2 cents

funny that Toni Basil wasn't discussed yet ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Oh-Mickey-Toni-Basil/dp/B00009PURB/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/102-0451893-7359306?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1181023152&sr=1-2
Has her two albums in one package, where the first album is more
powerpop/bubblegum with worldwide glamhit Mickey, on the second she's
backed by Devo

--
Time Is Irrelevant
Reality Is Improbable