[TypicalGirls] Romeo Void

Adrian Thierry mrmittens at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 4 22:56:28 EDT 2007

'warm in your coat' is a greatest hits of sorts and highly
recommended. it's reasonable priced too something to think of with
young people.' benefactor' is a pretty good album but i always think
you need to hear a spectrum from such a great band.

why no chrissie hynde? she actually went to england and hung out with
the punks-as this seems a very eurocentric list. there appears to be
an aversion to noticing american women especially if they were
popular and not european.blondie came up very late and their
influence good or bad was profound.' parallel lines' is one of the
era's greatest albums. chrissie kicked major ass and has been very
supportive of younger female musicians( absolutely ok'ing  use of '
talk of the town' when garbage was denied by her publisher because of
shirley.)

but of course it's not my list and just an opinion. when i was young
and in love with music ' out of print' and import never slowed me
down and this was in the pre computer dark ages when most of this
stuff on this list was being made. it was not easy to get when it was
in print actually. i think young people who really care for music
would be like i was instead of relying on convenience and downloading
things plastered like drones to their computers. after all if there's
enough interest in these things maybe it will help push them into
being re-released.

A.