[TypicalGirls] SUBMIT BLURBS PLEASE! We're up to 22 must-haves!

dan bailey dpbailey at att.net
Sun Jun 3 14:17:19 EDT 2007

It is, indeed. I don't have nearly enough Salem 66 -- only the debut 12" &
first LP, I think -- & first learned about 'em in '84 when a correspondent
of mine in Boston tagged (if memory serves) their demo onto the end of a
cassette of a couple of radio shows by The Proletariat (probably my favorite
U.S. band of that era). I was immediately taken. Plus, of course, they got
extra points for covering Wire (probably my favorite band, period) before
everybody & their dog started doing so ...

And yeah, I think Dolly Mixture stuff is really hard to find. I've got a
CDR, but that's it.

Dan, now ruminating on his anarchopunk days & wondering about Rubella Ballet
& Lost Cherrees, plus of course the Poison Girls ...