[TypicalGirls] SUBMIT BLURBS PLEASE! We're up to 22 must-haves!

burt at macalester.edu burt at macalester.edu
Sun Jun 3 12:18:14 EDT 2007

In response to Dan, I'm thinking that what matters is not how many women were in the band, or whether they had just one woman and she was the singer, but whether the woman or women had creative control. I'd hate to leave out Altered Images if we're making a long list...

...although, if we're making a shorter list, I'd happily replace them with either Dolly Mixture, or one of the bands that included Amelia Fletcher, probably Heavenly with Le Jardin du Heavenly, especially since, if I remember correctly, the CD reissue of Le Jardin du Heavenly also includes the EP with "P.U.N.K. Girl." In fact, can we just put Heavenly on our list? Or is there a chronological cutoff (around 1985, to judge by the list we already have)? If there's a 1985-86 cutoff, Salem 66 and/or Scrawl should just sneak in... do either of them belong?