[TypicalGirls] 15 must-haves for the beginning girl rocker (part 3)

jhubbard jhubbard at ucsc.edu
Sat Jun 2 16:43:21 EDT 2007

What about Pearl Harbor and the Explosions?

Plus, does the music have to be purchase-able or can it be merely
download-able or stream-able, at a price or Free? does music-video work?

Also, was the request restricted to a certain time period? Because some
sort of fill-in-the-missing-limbs sort of family tree might be cool --
maybe starting say with polystyrene and ending with beth ditto. though a
tree is not various enough (only one trunk) so maybe another metaphor,
something like coral reef or a creeper. plus, figuring all the different
and never ending ways to get from polystyrene to say, cibo matto, sets
people listening to how sound moves differently in each expression. It's
cool and necessary to know who played what and when, but it's more like
wonder to listen to music move across people, space and time. especially
when it ends up moving through you.