[TypicalGirls] Slits shows

Dee Papadopoulos deepop at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 8 16:46:48 EST 2006

duchess says from montreal play the knit in nyc on thursday nov 9. they
rule. i havent seen a band a liked this much since...the good old days.
go see them.
old timer typical boy,
dee pop
On Nov 8, 2006, at 3:42 PM, c'est comme ci c'est comme sah wrote:

>> Also, word was they weren't allowed into Canada, someone told me
>> cause Ari
>> "had something on her". Is any of that true?
>
> it's true that the canadian shows were "post-poned due to unforseen
> circumstances", but i don't know why...they're re-scheduled for later
> in november...
> "not being allowed in" (either b/c of drugs or not having proper
> permits..) would make sense since this happens often..and is a great
> fear of many a cross-border promoter...
> i'm looking forward and curious to see them here in montreal....the
> sound here should be better than at the other shows because the venue
> (salla rossa) has excellent sound people...
>
> p.s. hi! i'm sarah, this is my first time posting on the list but i've
> been reading it for a year or so...
>
> On 11/1/06, Lani Smith <LSmith at minlib.net> wrote:
>> The NY shows sound like they're going to be great. Can't wait to hear
>> reports!!
>>
>> An odd moment at the Boston show was when Ari asked the guitar player
>> to do
>> something and she declined, without even looking at Ari. Ari
>> persisted, in a
>> sort of "c'mon", fun-style cajoling way, and the guitarist wasn't even
>> acknowledging her or responding. Anyone know what that was all about??
>>
>> Also, word was they weren't allowed into Canada, someone told me
>> cause Ari
>> "had something on her". Is any of that true?
>>
>> Aside from that everyone sounded great. Great instrumentalizations and
>> vocals. Ari really kept things rolling, in a loose kind of way, and
>> Holly's
>> vocals really added strength and polish to the whole thing.
>> - Lani

>>> surprised (since I booked a disastrous Ari Up show in Philly way back
>>> in
>>> 2001). The band was fantastic and was psyched to hear "Man Next