[TypicalGirls] new live slits cd!

HunnyPi007 at aol.com HunnyPi007 at aol.com
Sat Nov 4 04:46:16 EST 2006

In a message dated 11/4/06 1:07:33 AM, danselzer at yahoo.com writes:

> --- HunnyPi007 at aol.com wrote:
>
> > no time for a report on wednesday's show (i'll do
> > that later) as i'm off to
> > the newly-relocated brooklyn show (108 STARR ST @
> > Knickerbocker Ave....see
> > dan's post for more details) which will hopefully
> > include a great sound person and
> > no equipment problems!
>
> oh man that's good stuff! I hate to say it because I
> love Todd and have worked with him many times, we even
> came close to the idea of opening a club/space
> together, but if there's one thing he can be dependent
> on it's a pretty ad-hoc sound situation, where he is
> often the sound guy and the PA is what is available.
> I'm not knocking that, sometimes that's just what's
> needed, but after many years of underground type shows
> in the area from the likes of Todd, Mighty
> Robot/Twisted Ones etc, you long for someone to marry
> the DIY take on things with the hi-fi snob type sound
> quality. Anyway, hope the show went well, hit the WFMU
> record fair the home rather early as that's how I live
> these days.
>
> Got a sealed copy of the Jeff and Jane Hudson World
> Trade EP for 15 dollars. Saw some cheap Mo-Dettes
> singles and a Girls at Our Best. Always worth checking
> out the WFMU fair.
>
> dan

well, i REALLY hate to say it but... did this show even happen???!?!!
WTF?!?!
after several transportation woes, finally arrived to the starr street
address and a guy called down saying the show had been cancelled or maybe again
relocated (this time to 100 irving...which didn't seem to exist or was a big
school)...would have actually been my first todd p show so this experience plus
what dan says about sound problems doesn't bode well for me making further
efforts in this regard (as much as i, too, appreciate the DIY ethic)....
particularly annoying as i would have made an effort to attend the maxwell's show on
thursday had i known i wouldn't be able to see them on friday.