[TypicalGirls] TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 124, Issue 7

TnA sasscer1 at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 3 21:03:46 EST 2006

> Haven't seen the show (yet) but would like to add 2 cents' worth:  I
> wish you wouldn't say its a racial divide. I love dub, and have since
> the 70's, but have never been a dancehall fan...too hyper and not
> reflective enough for me...certainly not a racial thing,
> however...(maybe dancehall is too coke for my ganja sensibilities, or
> too 1980's...It may also have something to do with not using live
> bands as much...)
I love Bad Brains, Fela, Japanoise, modern electronica, Brazillian sex
music, No Wave, John Coletrane, etc. etc, and was an original Slits fan
from back in the day-even was excited about Return of the Giant Slits
Afro-funk leanings, but dancehall just doesn't do it for me...but I
will defend to the death your right to like it... :)
As far a venues go, the Slits came out of the rock milieu and would
likely attract as many, if not more, rock fans than, say, hardcore
dancehall fans...