[TypicalGirls] Boston Slits show/Mo-dettes/Thank you.../Nightingales

John Caples jcaples at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 19:20:07 EST 2006

Didn't go to the Slits show at Great Scott, but the review in the Boston
Phoenix was brutal...mentions some of the things Lani said...but all in all,
reviewer seemed put out by the lack of older Slits material and abundance of
dancehall/dub...maybe that's his fault for not knowing what to expect.
Lani, what do you think?

Has Mo-dettes' The Story So Far... ever made it to CD?  I have heard a
version and it doesn't sound like it was taken from the vinyl...maybe it
needed some remastering, but it was very clean.

Thank you Shirley for the YouTube Monks/Raincoats clip.

Y'all should check out Gina Birch's duet with Robert Lloyd on the new
Nightingales CD Out Of True...which now has US phsyical distro through Darla
and is on all the digital networks (iTunes, etc.).  Trying to help them with
a national mini tour in 2007, or just book a local show.  Anyone with any
solid help on a national booker, please send me an e-mail.  I have my leads,
but always need new perspectives...