[TypicalGirls] liliput turns down Hummer money (and others)

Jason Gross perfect at furious.com
Mon Feb 27 20:39:16 EST 2006

>Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:21:14 -0800 (PST)
>From: Daniel Selzer <danselzer at yahoo.com>
>Subject: [TypicalGirls] liliput turns down Hummer money (and others)
>To: Typical Girls <typicalgirls at lists.ibiblio.org>
>
>awesome:
>
>http://www.austin360.com/music/content/music/stories/2006/02/22hummer.html
>
>"The post-punk band LiLiPUT, who broke up more than 20
>years ago, could have pocketed $50,000 for "Heidi's
>Head" after making close to nothing during their
>five-year existence. But they, too, said no.
>
>"At least I can sleep without nightmares," Marlene
>Marder reasoned."

I'll always admire her for that.  I don't think anyone who works for
the World Wildlife Federation could have that on their conscious...

Best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and
semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>