[TypicalGirls] Fw: guestbook entry

Lani Smith LSmith at minlib.net
Mon Feb 27 16:15:06 EST 2006

A search for the book on Worldcat (an online/database listing of over 9,000
libraries) shows "The Post-Subcultures Reader" (au. David Muggleton;  Rupert
Weinzierl) available at a lot of academic libraries. You may be able to
request it through your local library.

Here's a list of the table of contents:

What is 'post-subcultural studies' anyway? / Rupert Weinzierl and David
Muggleton -- Tastefully renovating subcultural theory : making space for a
new model / Geoff Stahl -- Image, body and performativity : the constitution
of subcultural practice in the globalized world of pop / Gabriele Klein --
'Oh bondage, up yours!' Or here's three chords, now form a band : punk,
masochism, skin, anaclisis, defacement / David Bloustien -- Post-rave
technotribalism and the carnival of protest / Graham St John -- Bridging the
micro-macro gap : is there such a thing as a post-subcultural politics? /
Oliver Marchart -- Unlearning to raver : techno-party as the contact zone in
trans-local formations / Toshiya Ueno -- Constructing 'neo-tribal'
identities through dress : modern primitives and body modifications /
Theresa M. Winge -- Between criminal and political deviance : a sociological
analysis of the New York chapter of the Almighty Latin King and Queen nation
/ Louis Kontos -- Radical hybridity : Latinas/os as the paradigmatic
transnational post-subculture / Angharad N. Valdivia -- 'Race' and class in
the 'post-subcultural' economy / Martina Böse -- Diaspora experience, music
and hybrid cultures of young migrants in Vienna / Roman Horak -- Global
youth cultures in localized spaces : the case of the UK new Asian dance
music and French rap / Rupa Huq -- Heavy metal and subcultural theory : a
paradigmatic case of neglect? / Andy R. Brown -- The death and life of punk,
the last subculture / Dylan Clark -- 'Lady' punks in bands : a
subculturette? / Helen Reddington -- Resisting subjects : DIY feminism and
the politics of style in subcultural production / Doreen Piano -- The
'X-files', online fan culture, and the real David Duchovny estrogen brigades
/ Rhiannon Bury -- 'Net.Goth' : Internet communication and (sub)cultural
boundaries / Paul Hodkinson -- Internet subcultures and oppositional
politics / Richard Kahn and Douglas Kellner.

Simlarly for "Music, Power & Politics," with Randall, Annie Janeiro. listed
as author.
A censorship of forgetting : origins and origin myths of Battle hymn of the
republic / Annie J. Randall -- Discipline and choralism : the birth of
musical colonialism / G. Olwage -- Power needs names : hegemony,
folklorization, and the viejitos dance of Michoacán, Mexico / R.
Hellier-Tinoco -- The power to influence minds : German folk music during
the Nazi era and after / B. Sweers -- The making of a national musical icon
: Xian Xinghai and his Yellow River cantata / Hon-Lun Yang -- Dancing for
the eternal president / K. Howard -- Después de 500 años : the role of saya
in Bolivia's black cultural movement / R.W. Templeman -- The power of
recently revitalized Serbian rural folk music in urban settings / J.
Jovanovic -- Hands off my instrument! / H. Reddington -- Barbadian tuk
music, a fusion of musical cultures / S. Meredith -- There goes the
transnational neighborhood : calypso buys a bungalow / M. Eldridge --
Fighting for the right (to) party? : discursive negotiations of power in
pre-unification East German popular music / E. Larkey -- Who's listening? /
B. Hogg -- Subversion and counter-subversion : power, control and meaning in
the new Iranian pop music / L. Nooshin.