[TypicalGirls] The Raincoats this weekend

Jason Gross perfect at furious.com
Fri Feb 17 12:13:00 EST 2006

>Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:53:41 -0800
>From: "J Neo Marvin" <j_n_e_o at hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [TypicalGirls] The Raincoats this weekend
>To: typicalgirls at lists.ibiblio.org
>
>By the way, if it wasn't already obvious, I was joking as well. I do hope to
>track down a copy of the Lipstick Traces CD, which has the good version of
>"Wake Up" on it, one day. (Hey, there's a legitimate reason to yell at
>Greil, come to think of it.)

Agreed.  That is indeed a great CD with a lot of prime TG material on
it.  I vaguely remember that Jon Savage might have been the one who
put it together and Greil himself might not have had any involvement
other than inspiring it from the book of the same name.

Sad to say, as much as I love Rough Trade, they're not keen on
keeping older items available.  I understand that they want to focus
on the new artists that they have but they should be proud of their
history also.

best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever - online music magazine since 1993- now new and
semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>