[TypicalGirls] The Raincoats this weekend

Jason Gross perfect at furious.com
Thu Feb 16 21:43:07 EST 2006

>Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 17:56:22 -0800
>From: weasel walter <weaselw at juno.com>
>To: typicalgirls at lists.ibiblio.org
>
>seriously folks, this whole schtick is all in good fun. it's better to
>have music available in some form than none at all. the essential logic
>release was curated by lora herself. slim was always right - if that's
>what she wanted, that's what it should be.
>
>believe me, i get defensive too when people "make jokes" about stuff i'm
>serious about. so, to slim and jason gross, a belated apology. i'm not so
>egotistical that i'm going to act like i prefer they think i'm an
>asshole. sometimes i can't help it - i'm a very critical person because
>music is my entire life. any comments made about the essential logic
>reissue weren't meant to be taken personal.

Thank you for saying all of that.  It's good that we're toning down
the hate here.  I guess we should be glad that people can get
passionate about music but as Walter said, any kind of personal stuff
would be better hashed out off list.

OK, one piece of TG news for you all.  Sad to say, the Prag Vec
reissue on Mute is being delayed again.  With John's unfortunate
death recently, his widow's been (very understandably) slow to
respond to queries to finalize everything- I'm sure she's still
grieving and working through everything.  Sue really wants this to
happen somehow and she's trying to push along with Mute.  She's a
little frustrated by now- also understandable since this has been
dragging on for about 2 years now.  I keep telling her that these
things can take time.  More news as it comes in.

Best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and
semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>