[TypicalGirls] Cosmopolitans retrospective CD just released!

Evan Davies evandavies at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 13:20:29 EDT 2006

Hi,

I mostly lurk on this list, but thought that this news would be of interest to TG readers.

List members Of A Certain Age (or with an appreciation of history) may recall the female-fronted downtown NYC-via-Chapel Hill band/dance troupe The Cosmopolitans. Their songs "(How To Keep Your) Husband Happy" and "Wild Moose Party," released as a single on the venerable Shake label in 1980, were big college radio and club hits at the time but have so far been unavailable on any compilation or re-issue. Well, that's no longer the case!

Dionysus/Bacchus Archives has just released a retrospective CD, called 'Wild Moose Party,' that includes those two songs plus about 8 more tracks that have never been released! And as if that weren't enough the CD also includes a music video for "Husband Happy," featuring the acting talents of Mitch Easter and Faye Hunter, pre-Let's Active, intercut with some live footage from the Uncle Floyd Show (which includes me "playing" drums -- more like trying to avoid hitting them too hard so we could still hear the playback of the record we were lipsync-ing to). The CD is available through the usual online and in-person outlets; if you don't see it, ask for it!

You can also check out the inevitable myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/thecosmopolitans -- not much there yet, but that will change in the coming days.

thanks!

Evan

---