[TypicalGirls] Reissues, Reynolds, Reminders

Sean Stewart sean.stewart at artspdf.com
Mon Apr 3 01:50:49 EDT 2006

Greil Marcus and Lester Bangs both write well on this topic, or at least
on bands the bands they were exposed to from this era.  I prefer the wit
of Lester Bangs but his tone would be inappropriate for the encyclopedic
volume of information that Reynold's is going for.  I wouldn't read Rip
It Up as a critical work.

I'll take this time to flog off an Austalian academic/musician/writer
Philip Brophy, whose writing on these topics I do find illuminating...

http://media-arts.rmit.edu.au/Phil_Brophy/AvantGardeRock.html
http://www.philipbrophy.com/projects/rstff/PostPunkGraphics_M.html
http://www.philipbrophy.com/projects/sorck/index.html

Enjoy the free reading!