[TypicalGirls] Reissues, Reynolds, Reminders

Jason Gross perfect at furious.com
Sun Apr 2 22:56:00 EDT 2006

>Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2006 13:28:56 -0800
>From: "John Caples" <jcaples at gmail.com>
>
>I think I will read the Reynolds book even though I think he's a
>terrible writer...

Well, to each his own but out of curiosity, who do you think covers
the same material better?  I'm not being defensive- I'd really to
know of other writers who cover this area well.

>Any new information on the reissue status of either the Dolly Mixture
>Demonstration Tapes or of the pragVEC thing on Mute?

PV is moving slowly because of John's widow.  That isn't to say that
she's a bad person but she wants things done right (in accordance
with what were John's wishes).  As far as I know, the issues seem to
be how everything is going to be remastered.  Sue is kind of tired of
how this is dragging out but I keep telling her that they've come
this far and it seems that they're at the final stages now.  Also, as
I've learned from doing other reissue projects, these things can take
YEARS to do...

Best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever- online music magazine since 1993- now new and
semi-improved!
<http://www.perfectsoundforever.com>
Crazed by the Music blog: <http://blogs.popmatters.com/crazedbythemusic/>