[TypicalGirls] Gang of 4

Hilary Jaeger jaema11 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 28 22:47:24 EST 2005

Ahhhhh, the Buzzcocks...
and, Sharon, you've got it down.

Hilary

I'm so happy to hear they did so well!  Lucky you that you got to see them.

I'm jumping in a little late on the typical boys/girl thread, but I just
wanted to say I like the way people on this list are open minded and willing
to discuss things.  I saw Gang of Four in 1979 when they opened for the
Buzzcocks and they changed my life!  I had the At Home He's a Tourist 7"
prior to that concert but I had no idea what to expect.  That song is just
as much a Typical Girls song as the Slits song!  Typical Girls seems to me
to be an attitude as much as it is an aesthetic.  But it's just as important
to remember that the point of giving recognition to the female musicians is
because, even today, that are so often overlooked.