[TypicalGirls] Gang of 4

Sharon Cheslow decomposition at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 28 17:49:33 EST 2005

I'm so happy to hear they did so well!  Lucky you that you got to see them.

I'm jumping in a little late on the typical boys/girl thread, but I just wanted to say I like the way people on this list are open minded and willing to discuss things.  I saw Gang of Four in 1979 when they opened for the Buzzcocks and they changed my life!  I had the At Home He's a Tourist 7" prior to that concert but I had no idea what to expect.  That song is just as much a Typical Girls song as the Slits song!  Typical Girls seems to me to be an attitude as much as it is an aesthetic.  But it's just as important to remember that the point of giving recognition to the female musicians is because, even today, that are so often overlooked.