[TypicalGirls] Re: die matrosen

Perfect Sound Forever perfectlist at furious.com
Mon Jan 24 12:39:15 EST 2005

>Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2005 10:27:30 -0800 (PST)
>From: Shirley Braha <littleshirleybeans at yahoo.com>
>Subject: [TypicalGirls] die matrosen
>
>listening to book of love today i was surprised to hear a cover of liliput's
>"die matrosen." whats up with that? how known were liliput in the US during
>that time?

As far as I know, they never played in the U.S. and their music was
available almost only on Rough Trade imports.  They did get props from
Christgau, Marcus and others at the time, which probably helped
somewhat.  I would think that some enterprising label then would have seen
the potential of "Split" as a novelty hit or something.

Best,
Jason

Perfect Sound Forever
online music magazine since 1993- now new and semi-improved!
http://www.perfectsoundforever.com