[TypicalGirls] Simon Reynolds

WWWhatsup joly at dti.net
Sat Apr 16 14:19:42 EDT 2005

I got to film Simon presenting the essence of his book to NYU students
as part of Viv Goldman's 'punk & beyond' course earlier in the year. He was
quite eloquently lyrical at times, especially on the Go4. He certainly seems
to see things in terms of drugs as influences, going on at some length on
about Scritti Politti and speed, and remarking that The Fall's use of the same
was enhanced by their consumption of mushrooms, apparently plentiful in
the rain soaked parks of Manchester.

I shall attempt to get round to making some it it available on punkcast.

joly