[TypicalGirls] Re: TypicalGirls Digest, Vol 52, Issue 2

Andy RRR rrrhythmetic at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 06:03:46 EDT 2005

The DIY book is published by Marion Boyars, and I'm pretty sure Central are the distributors, though it doesn't surprise me at all if their database has a few screws missing...

Anyway you should be able to get it from various places... one small caveat: the book was delivered late (lots of extra research crammed in which I don't think was in the original remit), and needed an extra layer of fact-checking, so there are a few clangers in there. Nevertheless it's full of nutritional goodness.

Another new book just out is Simon Reynolds' 'Rip It Up And Start Again: Post-Punk 1978-1984'. Really well-written (thankfully - never liked Reynolds' writing much) and well-argued (ditto - 'The Sex Revolts' was a horribly sloppy book), though it inevitably misses loads out (no mention of Kleenex/Liliput AT ALL even in passing!). Fascinating stuff.